I know this may seem radical, but should you speak with Angels? I don’t remember seeing this in the Church Handbook. Would we be guilty of “seeking for a sign” if we entertained the idea? Since the days of Heber J. Grant it has been considered unhealthy and dangerous for any Latter-day Saint to seek such things. What do you think? How should we view the visitation of Angels? Is it appropriate to “seek” these blessings NOW?
WHAT DOES MORONI SAY?
“And again, I exhort you, my brethren, that ye deny not the gifts of God, for they are many; and they come from the same God. And there are different ways that these gifts are administered; but it is the same God who worketh all in all; and they are given by the manifestations of the Spirit of God unto men, to profit them. (Moroni 10:8) “And again, to another, the beholding of angels and ministering spirits;” (vs. 14) “And now I speak unto all the ends of the earth—that if the day cometh that the power and gifts of God shall be done away among you, it shall be because of unbelief.” (vs. 24) “And again I would exhort you that ye would come unto Christ, and lay hold upon every good gift, and touch not the evil gift, nor the unclean thing.” (vs. 30)
WHAT IS IN ANGEL?
An angel is simply a being from beyond the veil that is on the Lord’s assignment. There are all kinds and each has different duties. They may be the spirits of the dead, our family and loved ones who watch over us; or a messenger or protector from the Most High with great glory. They are kind, they are loving, they are powerful, and they always want to help.
Part of coming unto Christ is to receive Angels, but where do you start? TEN STEPS
- Be believing. Cast away your doubts and expect the unexpected.
- Ask the Lord. (James 1:5) This is how you open the door. Ask the Lord to specifically send an Angel to administer to YOU. But remember, you must ask with real intent, nothing wavering. If your intentions are pure, the gift shall come.
- Take time to be holy. Set aside some time to ponder, fast, pray and prepare for instruction. You don’t have to be perfect, but your thoughts need to be focused. Follow the “Four Steps to Praying with Power.“ https://purerevelations.wordpress.com/2014/12/01/four-steps-to-powerful-prayer/
- Don’t set limitations. You can ask for departed loved ones, people in the scriptures, notable past spirits. If the Lord permits it, they WILL COME. This is NOT some kind of spiritualism. This is a Gift of the Spirit that the Lord wishes to bestow upon each of us who desire it ask for it.
- Be sure to check if they are a true messenger. Usually asking the Lord is sufficient. The Adversary may try to deceive you. It is often a good idea to shield the room and conversation before your prayer begins.
- Don’t be surprised if you only hear them first. You will begin by hearing a voice, which is unmistakable as the intelligence flows into your mind. Eventually you will see them in a vision as the Lord sees fit. “Pure Revelation.” https://purerevelations.wordpress.com/2014/12/01/pure-revelation/
- If the Angels are translated or withholding their glory they may appear as a regular person, but glory surrounding them can be felt. The Father and the Son appeared to Joseph in a vision. Yet Moroni came to Joseph as a translated being. As they say, angels have visited people unawares.
- Always ask questions. They will bring a message, but if you don’t ask questions you will miss a great opportunity.
- When they leave, thank the Lord if there is any other knowledge He wants you to have?
- Record your experience in your personal journal. This is personal scripture that you will study and relish in the future. Often Angels will come as you are writing.