Question: I have repeatedly tried all the steps you have mentioned and still get nothing. When I try the ‘yes’ and ‘no’ questions, just nothing. As I try to settle on an answer, just nothing. Now what!?
Answer: I am sorry this has been so hard for you. Here are my suggestions to help. I would do the following:
1. I would begin a fast. Obstain from food, drink water, and if you must eat, only vegetables or mild foods. Go without computer and phone, or other distractions for the time of your fast.
2. Pray and make your intentions known to the Lord. What are you fasting for? If your desire is to have a spiritual experience that may not be the best reason. If your desire is to get close to the Lord, to establish a relationship with Him so you can be His servant, you are on the right track. Be sure not to try and force the answer you may want. This will inhibit the revelation.
3. When you are alone and your mind is clear, ask the Lord if you can write your questions and receive revelation. Get a pencil and paper; write down the questions.
4. Like giving yourself a blessing, write the answers that come to your mind, one word at a time. Don’t second guess or doubt; just write. Feel the words coming to your mind. They will sound like your own voice, but will feel holy.
5. When you are done ask the Lord if it was from Him. If you feel good about it, be believing. If not, there may be another issue.
Things that may prevent us from getting answers:
1. Too much stress, depression, health issues, sickness, or an addiction. We must be at ease, especially when just learning to receive the Spirit of the Revelation.
2. Serious sin. If we feel guilt or unworthiness it will prevent us from having a clear channel. The Lord freely forgives, but we must forgive ourselves. Ask the Lord for forgiveness, even if you can’t think of any particular sins.
3. Pure repentance. Real repentance requires us to turn our hearts to God. We must have real intent as we pursue these things. The Lord wants us to be successful in finding Him. We must be patient.
4. The last thing that often can be a hindrance is simply our false traditions, or false beliefs. Some people think they know what it must be like to hear the Lord’s voice. For example, they expect an audible voice, or something very extraordinary. Actually, the first signs of revelation are simply pure intelligence, or subtle thoughts that settle like the dews of Heaven on our minds. This is the “still small voice.”
Only you can truly diagnose the problem that is hindering you. It may be something much less that I have listed here. Don’t give up, the Lord will be waiting.